Indian private sector has been a critical support pillar for all the economic development that the country has witnessed. It is contributing by building capacity in-house and externally to understand Renewable Energy as a resource.
India needs Renewable Energy for energy security; reducing dependency on energy imports; increasing opportunities in green economy and green employment; fighting climate change; strengthening local economies and providing social justice. India needs an energy transition towards Renewable Energy.
YES Institute is fully committed to play a catalytic role in unlocking innovative financial mechanisms for Renewable Energy projects, thereby supporting the Government’s vision of financing 5 GW of Renewable Energy capacity in India by 2022.
UNIQUE KNOWLEDGE PROPOSITION
YES Institute facilitated YES BANK in its close association with the Ministry of New & Renewable Energy (MNRE), Govt. of India in its policy level renewable energy initiatives. YES BANK was recognized as the knowledge partner to RE-INVEST 2015, India’s 1st Global Investor Meet & Expo Forum, organized by MNRE and IREDA for the first time in February 2015.
International Solar Alliance
Knowledge Partner for ISA and engaged with MNRE on working towards ISA objectives of large scale solar technologies in 121 resource rich countries lying between Tropic of Cancer and Tropic of Capricorn.
Indian Federation of Green Energy (IFGE)
One of the founding members of Indian Federation of Green Energy (IFGE), an organization which represents the interests of the national renewable energy sector.
PARTNERSHIPS WITH KEY INSTITUTIONS
YES Institute facilitated YES BANK’s commitment towards financing 5 GW of Renewable Energy capacity in India by 2022 target through the following:
- Cumulatively funded over 4300 MW of Renewable Energy Capacity in India
- Became the first bank to give financing Green Energy Commitment (GEC) of 5,000 MW during RE-INVEST 2015
- Pioneered India’s first ever Green Infrastructure Bonds and successfully raised INR 1,000 Crores (~USD 160 million) during the sidelines of RE-INVEST 2015. The Bank subsequently completed its second round in August 2015 through investment of INR 315 Crores (~USD 50 million) from International Finance Corporation
- On the occasion of COP21 in Paris, YES BANK committed to target mobilizing USD 5 billion towards climate finance in India by 2020. This commitment would be realized through lending, investing and raising capital towards mitigation, adaptation and resilience towards achieving impactful and holistic action
- Signed an MOU with The London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG) in 2015, to develop bond and equity issuance, with particular focus on the relatively untapped sector of Green Infrastructure Finance
- Signed an MoU with the Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency (IREDA) at Make In India Week, Mumbai, to foster development of the Renewable Energy Sector in India. This will boost green energy financing and enable close partnership between both institutions to create a supporting framework for funding of Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency projects